Saturday, December 24, 2011

Not Here

I look into your eyes, but all I see is emptiness and contempt.

I look into your eyes, wondering when you stopped loving me and started loving someone else.

I hold your hand, but gone is the gentleness that once stroked my hair and touched my face.

I hold your hand, wishing for you to wipe away my tears, but you simply brush me away.

I kiss your lips, but they are cold to the touch and tight with regret.

I kiss your lips, but am stung by their bitterness, like a slap to my face.

I hear your voice, but all of the sweet words are gone, replaced with knocks and put downs.

I hear your voice, a voice that once brought me joy now brings me sorrow and pain.

I hold you in my arms, but you hug me like a stranger who you just met.

I hold you in my arms, but no one hugs me back.

I am alone, but I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment